Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 3 EOC...Making Money for Good

In doing research to find a company that donates part of their proceeds to help out a cause, I found the company called FleasKnees. They sell designer T-shirts with different expressions on them. Their sole purpose is to raise money for animal rescues and no-kill shelters. They are trying to have a voice for our furry friends that do not have a voice for themselves. Their newest line of shirts is imprinted with the phrase, “Puppy Mills Bite,” and for every one of these shirts they sell; FleasKnees will donate $5.00 to the Puppies Aren’t Products campaign. This campaign exposes the link between pet stores and puppy mills, and encourages people to adopt and never stop, for the dogs. This is close to my heart because I bought my English bulldog from a pet store in my neighborhood. My dog got deathly ill from the pet store, which cost me a lot of money in vet bills. After returning to her store many times to complain I realized that many of her dogs were sick and reported her to my vet. I later found out the owner was purchasing dogs from puppy mills. Since then she has been closed down thankfully. Modern Dog magazine writer and creator Mary-Jo Dionne supports this company especially after she wrote an award winning article titled, “Puppy Hell”, which was all about puppy mills (http://network.bestfriends.org/campaigns/puppymills/13698/news.aspx). The t-shirts made by this company are being sold at retailers from Vancouver, Canada to New York.  Animal lovers like Oprah, Jessica Biel, Martha Stewart and many other celebrities support the company FleasKnees and are involved in making it happen. Their goal for the New Year is to sell over 20,000 t-shirts. I personally went on their website to purchase a t-shirt. We all got to help out our furry friends that cannot help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment