Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 1 EOC....great customer service

My greatest customer service experience just happened. I went to the Apple store to check out the new iPad. I was in the store 15 minutes and no one checked on me and I couldn’t get anyone’s attention because it was so busy. I finally left because they were not concerned with me at all. I know the demand for Apple products is high but they should still care about the consumer. I drove to Best Buy and went in to their iPad display. I wasn’t in there two minute without being approached by a really nice sales associate. He spent a lot of time with me answering my many questions. I have always had this type of experience with them. “Obviously customer value and customer satisfaction are key building blocks for developing and managing customer relationships,” (page 7 Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation). Every time I go to Best Buy I am always treated as a valuable customer and I leave feeling my needs are met. The guy even told me they are working on and marketing to the consumers needs from the moment they walk in the door. Guess what I did not plan on buying the iPad that day and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment